PPIC Poll – “Californians and Their Government”
The Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC) recently released a new poll focusing on critical issues relating to how the public and likely voters view their government. While the survey covered federal as well as state government issues, here are a few highlights specifically related to California:
- Most important state issues: 22% jobs, economy; 11% immigration, illegal immigration; 8% government in general, problems with elected officials, parties
- Governor Brown job approval: 52% approve; 32% disapprove; 16% don't know
- Legislature job approval: 46% approve; 38% disapprove; 15% don't know
- State budget situation: 43% big problem; 37% somewhat of a problem; 13% not a problem; 7% don't know
- Single-payer healthcare: 65% favor with 42% favor, even if it means raising taxes, 23% favor, not if it means raising taxes; 29% oppose; 6% don't know
For more information, please see http://ppic.org/content/pubs/survey/s_517mbs.pdf.